Gitzo Series 3 Carbon 6X Tripod - 3 Section with G-Lock
High maximum load capacity and outstanding torsion rigidity
Scaled for professional equipment, medium format and DSLRs with 300mm lens up to 400mm maximum. High maximum load capacity and outstanding torsion rigidity, Series 3 tripods are available in 3- and 4-section models at standard and eye level heights. Series 3 Carbon 6X tripods are surprisingly lightweight and offer a good safety margin that makes them popular alternatives to series 2 tripods. All series 3 Mountaineer tripods now feature a new third ultra low leg spread to take full advantage of the Ground Level Set and are provided with the new Power Disc for a safer headlock.
- Ground Level Set - This new feature allows you to remove the center column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground. Uses existing components: the upper disc with reversible 1/4' - 3/8' bolt and the column hook assembly: Remove column and fix the disk directly to the upper casting using the column hook. No tools needed.
- Rapid Column - The center column locking collar above the tripod shoulder makes it easier to adjust the column quickly. Series 1 and above are built with an anti-rotation grooved center column for improved stability.
- Reversible Column - The rapid column can easily be inverted for an alternative shooting angle or low level macro work.
- Power Disc - 'The new tripod upper disc is called ''Power Disc''. It is made of machined solid aluminum and it now features two locking screws, one to lock the head, the other to safely lock the disc onto the column. The ''Power Disc'' gives a rock solid connection of the whole system for additional safety and stability.'
- Anti Leg Rotation - We have introduced a new Anti Leg Rotation (ALR) system, which means the tripod can be opened in less than 15 seconds. Simply loosen all the twist locks on each leg at the same time, then pull the leg down and tighten the locks individually.
- Three Positions Leg Angle - This feature allows you to independently position the tripod legs in three positions.