Canon EOS 6D (Body Only)
Unlock Your Vision.
The EOS 6D DSLR camera is the ideal tool for unlocking your creative vision. It features a 20.2 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS sensor, a wide ISO range of 100-25600, expandable to L: 50, H1: 51200, and H2: 102400, for incredible image quality even in low light, and a DIGIC 5+ Image Processor delivers enhanced noise reduction and exceptional processing speed. A new 11-point AF including a high-precision center cross-type AF point with EV -3 sensitivity allows focusing in extreme low-light conditions, and with continuous shooting up to 4.5 fps, you are ready to capture fast action. Full HD video with manual exposure control, multiple frame rates, and the benefits of a Full-Frame sensor provides stunning performance and creative flexibility. The built-in Wi-Fi® transmitter allows you to wirelessly transfer your images to social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY#, or upload virtually anywhere from your iOS or Android smartphone* with the free download of the EOS Remote app**. You can use your smartphone for remote camera control and operation (with the EOS Remote app), or even print your images on a Wi-Fi® compatible printerˆ. Perfect for travel and nature photography, the built-in GPS## allows location data to be recorded while shooting. Compact, lightweight, brilliant low-light performance, and loaded with easy to use features, the EOS 6D is truly the Full-Frame DSLR camera for everyone.
1. # One-time registration is required on CANON iMAGE GATEWAY.
2. * Compatible with iOS version 5.0 or later and Android devices version 2.3/4.0 or later. Data charges may apply.
3. ** The EOS Remote app will be available soon. This software enables you to upload images to social network services. Before uploading images, please be aware that image files may contain privacy related information such as people and places. If necessary, please delete such information. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this software.
4. ˆ DPS over IP certified printer is required.
5. ## In certain countries and regions, the use of GPS may be restricted. Therefore be sure to use GPS in accordance with the laws and regulations of your country or region. Be particularly careful when traveling outside your home country. As a signal is received from GPS satellites, take sufficient measures when using in locations where the use of electronics is regulated.
- Newly designed 20.2 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS sensor. The EOS 6D features a newly developed Canon Full-Frame 20.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor for high resolution, perfectly detailed images delivered with incredible speed and performance. A 35.8mm x 23.9mm sensor captures images of 5472 x 3648 pixels with a pixel size of 6.55 µm square for fantastic detail and a superior signal-to-noise ratio, resulting in great images from the start. With no conversion factor, the EOS 6D's sensor ensures that lenses mounted on the camera will deliver the same angle of view they would on a traditional 35mm camera. Working in tandem with the EOS 6D's DIGIC 5+ Image Processor, the sensor containing a new photodiode structure delivers ISO sensitivities of 100-25600 (with expanded sensitivities of L: 50, H1: 51200, H2: 102400) and can shoot at up to 4.5 frames per second. Wrapped up in the EOS 6D's compact and lightweight body, photography with a full-frame sensor has never been so easy and so portable.
- 14-bit A/D conversion, wide range ISO setting 100-25600 (L: 50, H1: 51200, H2: 102400). The EOS 6D offers 14-bit signal processing for excellent image gradation, delivers high standard and expanded ISOs, and a score of new options to enhance shooting in varied and fast-changing lighting situations. The EOS 6D has a standard range of ISO 100-25600 but thanks to the improved signal-to-noise ratio of the newly designed sensor and powerful noise reduction, the camera can shoot at expanded sensitivities down to ISO 50 (L) and up to ISO 51200 (H1), and even expand to ISO 102400 (H2)! Beyond the obvious advantages of its wide ISO range, the EOS 6D has automatic ISO settings, which can be found on the dedicated ISO menu. Minimum and maximum ISO settings can be specified, as can a user-defined range, plus full auto and manual.
- DIGIC 5+ Image Processor for enhanced noise reduction and exceptional processing speed. For a whole new level of performance, the EOS 6D uses a DIGIC 5+ Image Processor. Working with two 4-channel A/D converter front-end processing circuits, and delivering speeds of up to 4.5 fps (RAW + JPEG), the DIGIC 5+ Image Processor improves data processing performance and features new algorithms that promote greater noise reduction at higher ISOs. In addition to conventional image processing functions, the DIGIC 5+ Image Processor offers real-time compensation for chromatic aberration in both still and motion images. With the power of this processor, speed improvements are noticeable from the instant the camera is turned on and the stunning results speak for themselves.
- High Performance Composing and Focus. The EOS 6D has an entirely new 11-point AF system for fast, accurate AF no matter the situation. With its new centered cross-type AF point with EV -3 sensitivity for improved performance and focus in low light, and a newly developed and bright 21mm eye point viewfinder with 97% coverage, the EOS 6D offers impressive performance in both composition and AF, even in the dimmest lighting situations. Offering not only One-Shot AF, AI Servo AF, and AI Focus AF, the EOS 6D's AI Servo focus can be customized with tracking, acceleration and deceleration tracking sensitivities, and 1st or 2nd image priority adjustments. For even more customization, adjustment levels for the wide-angle and telephoto ends of particular lenses can be entered and recorded into the camera's memory.
- iFCL Metering with 63-zone dual-layering metering sensor. The EOS 6D features Canon's multi-layer 63-zone iFCL (intelligent Focus Colour Luminance) Metering System that integrates the camera's AF system into its readings. By taking into account the color and luminosity surrounding the chosen AF point(s), this system delivers accurate results, especially in situations where the light changes quickly. The metering sensor enables evaluative, center weighted, partial and spot metering, plus offers 5-step exposure compensation for perfectly exposed images, every time.
- High speed continuous shooting up to 4.5 fps allows you to capture fast action. With continuous shooting speed up to 4.5 frames per second, the EOS 6D keeps up with the action. It is designed to capture the shots photographers want when shooting rapidly unfolding scenes.
- EOS HD Video with manual exposure control and multiple frame rates. The EOS 6D captures HD video with a level of sophistication on par with professional movie cameras, offering phenomenal performance on a DSLR. It offers both All-I (UHS-I memory card is required) and IPB compression, supports H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile, and automatically splits files greater than 4GB (FAT specifications) for extended recording without interruption. It offers the option of timecoding during recording only (Rec Run) or at all times (Free Run), useful for multi-camera shoots. It also features improved sound recording adjustment capabilities, offering 64-step volume control accessible through the Quick Control screen, as well as a 3.5mm microphone terminal. The CMOS sensor's drive system significantly increases image processor performance, reducing colour artifacts and moiré (a common problem that occurs in scenes with horizontal lines), and ensures that the EOS 6D can record at a number of frame rates up to ISO 25600 in H mode.
- The simplicity and convenience of Wi-Fi®, built-in. The new EOS 6D features built-in Wi-Fi®, incorporating cutting edge technology into the camera's compact and lightweight design. The EOS 6D's exposure settings such as aperture, shutter speed and ISO, focus, and shutter can be operated wirelessly using an iOS or Android smartphone* with the free Canon EOS Remote app** (available soon). Using a smartphone with the EOS Remote app** installed, shoot remotely from a distance, even in Live View mode, for those difficult-to-capture shots; you can also review images in the EOS 6D without having to take it out of the bag, and easily transfer and save images directly from the camera to a smartphone. Full DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compatibility means easy sharing between the EOS 6D and other DLNA products, like HDTVs, smartphones and more. Still images can even be transferred between two Wi-Fi enabled Canon cameras over a Local Area Network. Images and video can be uploaded instantly to CANON iMAGE GATEWAY# for easy sharing on social networking sites, and photos can even be printed on a Wi-Fi® compatible printerˆ without the need for a PC. Remarkably, the EOS 6D gains all of these wireless features without the need for any additional accessories; they're built right in!
- Simple GPS, built right in. Ideal for travel or nature photography, the EOS 6D's built-in GPS## can record longitude, latitude and altitude data as EXIF data, can track movement at set intervals with its logging function and can even set the camera's internal clock to local time! When using the logger function on a computer, you will see the exact route you travelled, and the map will show you where and when you took each image.
- Compact and lightweight body with shutter durability tested up to 100,000 cycles. For photographers on the move, there's nothing quite like the full-frame performance available with the EOS 6D. It's designed to be portable, light and simple to operate yet doesn't compromise the quality one expects from EOS SLRs. With an aluminum alloy and polycarbonate chassis and a magnesium polycarbonate resin exterior, plus a shutter rated to 100,000 cycles, the EOS 6D offers the perfect combination of lightweight and durable materials for reliable operation day after day.
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System for improved vibration-based dust removal. The Integrated Cleaning System featured in the EOS 6D delivers great dust removal for clearer images. To prevent dust accumulation, the system removes particles on the surface of the glass filter by vibrating the glass ultrasonically. The particles are then absorbed by an adsorbent at the bottom of the unit; the unit itself is completely sealed for protection against external contaminants, and the front face of the low-pass glass filter is treated with an anti-dust fluorine coating, making it easier to remove damp or sticky dust particles.
- 3.0-inch TFT LCD Monitor. The EOS 6D's 3.0" TFT LCD monitor has 1,040,000 dots, anti-reflective construction and features Canon's Clear View technology for a bright, sharp display in any number of shooting situations. It's ideal for reviewing settings and images, as well as for shooting in Live View mode. In Live View, grid lines can be displayed in 9 sections, 24 sections, or 9 sections with diagonals, as can the electronic level, which helps ensure accurate level by displaying roll. For image review, the EOS 6D has a dedicated Magnify/Reduce button. While pressing the button, zooming in or out (up to 10x) is achieved simply by turning the Main Dial. Images can be protected or erased quickly, individually or in batches, and slideshows can be created with some or all images and can be sequenced by date, folders, movies, stills or rating. A feature guide can be accessed for the selected menu, providing detailed reference information whenever needed.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR). With its High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode, the EOS 6D can merge 3 images of varying exposure in camera and save them as one final image, capturing a broad range of shadow and highlight detail with stunning tonal range. Adjustable to cover a range of ±3 stops, HDR recording truly expands the parameters of the light and dark detail a camera can actually record, surprising viewers with the range of tones a photograph can accurately recreate.
- Multiple Exposure Control. The EOS 6D offers a Multiple Exposure mode for film-like image creation with the convenience of in-camera processing. It offers two different compositing methods for proper exposure and composition: additive or average. Multiple exposure shots from 2 to 9 are stored as one final image and can be taken in both RAW and JPEG shooting modes. A RAW image previously captured by the EOS 6D (3:2 aspect ratio only) can be used as a starting point, and cumulative results can be observed and corrected in real time on the camera's LCD screen.
- Scene Intelligent Auto mode. An enhanced Scene Intelligent Auto mode incorporates a number of Canon technologies to deliver the best possible exposure. Joining Picture Style Auto, Automatic Lighting Optimizer, Automatic White Balance, Autofocus, and Automatic Exposure, Scene Intelligent Auto mode analyzes the image, accounting for faces, colours, brightness, moving objects, contrast, even whether the camera is handheld or on a tripod, and then chooses the exposure and enhancements that bring out the best in any scene or situation.
- Special Scene modes. The EOS 6D features a variety of Special Scene modes that achieve high-quality images: Handheld Night Scene and HDR Backlight Control. The Handheld Night Scene mode captures nightscapes with bright highlights and detailed dark areas by shooting and combining four consecutive shots at a shutter speed fast enough to avoid camera shake, making dramatic nighttime photography simple. The HDR Backlight Control mode ensures that backlit subjects are not recorded too dark by shooting three consecutive shots at different exposures (underexposed, correctly exposed and overexposed) and then combining the images; the final result maintains detail in both the shadow and highlight areas, ensuring the backlit subject is properly exposed.
- Auto Picture Style & Scene Intelligent Auto (A+). The EOS 6D not only features a number of Canon's Picture Style settings but also a Picture Style Auto setting that finely controls colour tones for every composition based on information from the camera's EOS Scene Detection System. This can be an effective feature not only in normal scenes, where "standard" punchy contrast will be used, but also in nature and outdoor scenes, where the blues and greens will look more vivid without the need to switch the camera's Picture Style to Landscape.
- In-Camera RAW Processing & JPEG Resize. The EOS 6D features state of the art in-camera RAW processing for quick conversion of RAW files to JPEG with control over size, brightness, WB, Picture Style, Auto Lighting Optimizer, Noise reduction, colour space, distortion correction and more. Additionally, the EOS 6D features expanded Quick Control functions during playback like image protect, image rotate, rating, RAW image processing, resize, highlight alert, AF point and image jump, meaning a streamlined workflow can begin in the field.
- Comparative Playback. The EOS 6D's comparative playback mode enables images to be played back two at a time, side by side. A tremendous, in-camera timesaver, comparative playback means images can quickly be enlarged simultaneously to compare focus, blur and noise, and can be individually rated, deleted or locked.
- Silent Shooting. The EOS 6D offers a silent, low vibration shooting mode. By slowing down and muting the shutter and mirror reflex action, the camera is capable of handheld, virtually imperceptible operation for discrete shooting in more situations.