Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR
Advanced and versatile FX-format standard zoom with VR II image stabilization.
Highly versatile wide angle to medium telephoto FX-format zoom lens with Nikon's second-generation Vibration Reduction (VR II) technology for noticeably sharper photos and HD videos.
Covering a versatile wide angle to medium telephoto zoom range, the new AF-S NIKKOR 24-5mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR delivers noticeably sharper photos and HD videos thanks to Nikon's second-generation Vibration Reduction technology (VR II). Shoot at shutter speeds up to 4-times slower than would otherwise be possible for greater low-light capability, and enjoy the benefits of Vibration Reduction during HD video recording&8211;even when using a tripod.
- A range of possibilities. Versatile 3.6x standard zoom for brilliant photos and HD videos. – The AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR covers wide-angle and medium telephoto perspectives, making it a great multipurpose lens for photography and HD video recording. At its widest focal length (24mm on FX-format D-SLRs, 36mm on DX-format D-SLRs) it's ideal for travel, landscapes, interiors, group shots and more. At its longest focal length (85mm on FX-format D-SLRs, 136.5mm on DX-format D-SLRs), it's ideal for close-ups, portraits, interviews and more.
- Razor-sharp, high contrast results. Nikon's VR II Image Stabilization with Tripod Auto Detect. – Nikon's second generation Vibration Reduction technology (VR II) enables handheld shooting at shutter speeds up to 4-times slower than would otherwise be possible. That opens up new possibilities for low-light shooting. Slow down the shutter speed to capture maximum natural light without sacrificing sharpness. Nikon's VR II also includes tripod detection, which automatically recognizes when your camera is mounted on a tripod and delivers a specialized VR correction that is ideal for HD video recording.
- Unwavering performance. Nikon innovations for consistent performance. – Nikon's innovations in optical design and lens technology have brought forth a remarkable new generation of NIKKOR lenses with unparalleled versatility. The AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR is no exception. From its Silent Wave Motor (SWM) to its Super Integrated Coating (SIC), Extra-low Dispersion Glass Element (ED) and Aspherical Lens Element Design (AS), the AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR is an advanced lens that draws peak performance from today's D-SLR and HD-SLR cameras.
- Vibration Reduction – A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
- Silent Wave Motor – AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon's Silent Wave Motor, which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology.
- M/A – Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens.
- AS – AS stands for Aspherical lens elements. This type of lens utilizes non-spherical surfaces on either one or both sides of the glass in order to eliminate certain types of lens aberration.
- Super Integrated Coating – Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass – An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- IF Lens – A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.