Nikon D800 (Body Only)
Ultimate Image Quality. Full Cinematic Experience.
D800, built for today's multimedia photographer includes a groundbreaking 36.3MP FX-format CMOS sensor, Full HD 1080p video at 30/25/24p with stereo sound, class leading ISO range of 100-6400, expandable to 25,600, 4 fps burst rate and Advanced Scene Recognition System with 91,000-pixel RGB sensor.
Every photo will astound.
Every video will dazzle.
Hold in your hands an HD-SLR able to capture images rivaled only by those produced with a medium-format camera: extremely low noise, incredible dynamic range and the most faithful colors. Meet the Nikon D800, a 36.3 megapixel FX-format HD-SLR for professional photographers who require end results of the highest quality, who demand superior performance, speed, handling and a fully integrated imaging system. For cinematographers and multimedia professionals, 36.3 MP means true 1080p HD cinematic quality video and includes inputs for stereo microphones and headphones, peak audio meter display, DX crop mode to maximize NIKKOR lens selection and angle of view and much more.
- Reveal every nuance, every detail. The 36.3 megapixel FX-format advantage. Wedding, commercial or landscape, the D800 is the ultimate 36.3 MP FX-format camera for creative genius. Witness tonal range and precision rendered to supreme clarity, depth and texture. Make poster sized prints without sacrificing detail. Explore creative opportunities with ISO 100 to 6400 (expanded up to 25,600)--shoot from dawn to dusk. Experience Nikon's new Advanced Scene Recognition System featuring the 91,000-pixel RGB light meter capable of rendering unprecedented levels of accuracy to AF, AE, i-TTL flash control, face recognition and auto white balance. Nikon's new EXPEED 3 image processing reduces color phase shifts seen with lesser systems, producing more faithful colors and tones while managing massive amounts of data at breakthrough speed. With the D800 in your hands, achieve what was once unreachable.
- Broadcast quality video. A full cinematic experience. Filmmakers, multimedia professionals and event photographers--record Full HD 1080p at 30/25/24p or 720p at 60/50p in AVC format. Produce to your exacting vision when working in manual mode, controlling aperture, ISO, AF and shutter speed. Record uncompressed files via HDMI to an external recording device. via HDMI. Widen production perspective using either Nikon FX or DX lens formats at Full HD 1080p and 16:9 aspect ratio. Attach headphones and check audio levels or monitor input via peak audio meters as displayed on the camera's LCD monitor. Microphone sensitivity can be adjusted in up to 20 steps. Remotely start and stop video. Simultaneous Live View on the camera's LCD monitor and external monitor during recording are possible.
- Render every megapixel with precision. Fast, precise 51-point wide area coverage. Precise AF detection is critical to sharply render every pixel of the D800's massive resolution count. An improved 51- point AF system with 15 Cross Type AF sensors, versatile AF area modes and superb AF detection in even the dimmest lighting deliver immediate, pinpoint focus. Fast shot-to-shot time, full resolution frame rate up to 4 fps, 6 fps in DX crop mode and ultra fast CF and SD card write times. For more productive workflow, high-speed data transfer using USB 3.0 is realized. For demanding professionals, the D800 responds immediately and precisely.
- Versatile shooting, fluid operation. Streamlined ergonomic design puts critical tasks a touch away. Intuitive design makes D800 operation a thing of beauty. A streamlined ergonomic body allows critical photography and video tasks, including Movie Record, Live View, White Balance and Picture Control to be performed at the touch of a button. Confirm image capture and view menu options, histograms, video settings and more using the D800's super sharp 3.2-inch 921,000-dot LCD screen with 100% coverage. Anti-glare coating and auto brightness control ease of viewing, no matter the environment. Enlarge images up to 46x for on-the-spot focus confirmation. Magnesium alloy construction and environmental sealing make the D800 as comfortable in the field as in the studio.
- EXPEED 3 image processing. Nikon's EXPEED 3 technology extends and assures breathtakingly rich image fidelity and reduces noise, even at high ISO's. EXPEED 3 is so powerful that it handles data-intensive tasks such as Full-HD video recording at 30p with ease.
- Rich image previewing. The D800's 3.2-inch super-sharp 921,000 LCD monitor automatically adjusts LCD brightness and visibility according to your environment for bright, crisp image playback, menu adjustment and Live View shooting. Enlarge images up to 46x to make on the spot focus confirmation--crucial for high resolution shooting.
- Create a single image revealing an extremely wide dynamic range, but with less noise and rich color gradation than ever before. Combine two exposures at up to 3EV.
- Dedicated picture control button. The convenient Picture control button provides six preset options: Vivid, Monochrome, Neutral, Standard, Landscape and Portrait for stills and video while 9 customizable settings provide advanced, personalized color control.
- Standard ISO 100-6400, expandable to ISO 50-25,600 equivalent. Added ISO settings of Lo-1 (ISO 50 equivalent), Hi-1 (ISO 12,800 equivalent) and Hi-2 (ISO 25,600 equivalent) extend versatility.
- Continuous shooting at up to 4 fps at full FX-format resolution. Commercial image quality teams with speed and handling to create new shooting possibilities--in the studio or on location. Shoot DX-format images up to 6fps using the optional MB-D12 Multi Power Battery Pack and batteries other than the EN-EL15.
- Rugged magnesium alloy construction. Effectively protected from invasive dust, moisture and tested to exceed 200,000 cycles.
- Compatible with third party video accessories. As your multimedia work grows in importance, know that the D800 is compatible with a growing selection of third party video accessories.
- High speed CF and SD dual memory card slots. CF cards compatible with UDMA6 as well as UDMA7 are supported. For SD cards, SDXC and UHS-1 are supported.
- Two axis Virtual Horizon graphic indicator. Use either the LCD monitor or viewfinder to check if the camera is level--horizontally or with forward or rear rotation.
- Rechargeable EN-EL15 Battery. Up to approximately 900 images and 60 minutes of HD video per charge.