Sigma 300-800mm F5.6 EX DG APO HSM
Another unique lens in the line of Sigma offerings
Sigma's APO 300-800mm F5.6 EX DG HSM is another unique lens in the line of Sigma offerings. An ultra telephoto as no other camera or lens manufacturer offers the serious photographer! Featuring a constant aperture of F5.6 throughout the entire zoom range, this lens is ideal for photographing wildlife when there is no way of controlling the distance of the animal to the camera. With a simple turn of the zoom ring, the photographer can instantly adjust the composition of the image without moving or disturbing the subject. Similarly, the zoom accommodates sporting photography such as soccer or surfing where the rapidly changing distance of the action requires massive changes in focal length in a matter of seconds. Two SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements provide optimum color correction & sharpness throughout the entire zoom range. At the rear of the lens, a drop in 46mm filter holder is provided so that the photographer can easily add inexpensive color correction or light balancing filters. A perfect lens for surveillance use, its stealth black finish is unobtrusive and easily concealed.
- Designed for use with full frame digital SLR cameras. May also be used with smaller APS-c size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length to about 450 to 1200mm F5.6 most cameras
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet & high-speed auto focus
- Weighing 13 lbs & an overall length of 21 inches it can still be accommodated in a large professional backpack
- When used with full frame cameras & Sigma 1.4x or 2x optional Tele Converters it becomes a 420-1120mm F8 manual focus lens or a 600-1600mm F11 manual focus lens respectively
- Soft case, lens hood, circular PL filter are included. It is equipped with fixed tripod socket.
- Lens Construction: 18 Elements in 16 Groups
- APO Tele Converter: 1.4X MF, 2X MF
- Angle of View: 8.2°-3.1°
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Minimum Aperture: f32
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 600 cm / 236.2 in
- Filter Size (mm): 46 (Rear)
- Maximum Magnifications: 1:6.9
- Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 156.5x541.5 mm/6.2x21.3 in
- Weight: 5870g / 207oz.
- Corresponding Mounts Below:
- Sigma: Hyper-Sonic Motor, APO Teleconverter EX, CONV, EX Lens, Digital
- Nikon: Hyper-Sonic Motor, APO Teleconverter EX, EX Lens, Digital, Distance Information Function
- Canon: Hyper-Sonic Motor, APO Teleconverter EX, EX Lens, Digital
- * Nikon Mount: Built in motor lens: compatible with D40, D40x, D60, D3000, D5000
- * The appearance, specifications, and the like of the product are subject to change for improvement without notice.